Sunday, September 13, 2015

9.13.2015


just finished - still laughing!
jen hatmaker is the amy pohler/tina fey of christian fiction
and this book had my laughing from page one.
plus she's an austin girl too!
i can't type all my favorite laugh-out-loud pages but here are a couple paragraphs  -
"thank you, amazon prime, first, for existing. secondly, for allowing me to make "free shipping" the justification for buying all the books and seeing only how much i saved. thirdly, for allowing me to buy boys' underwear, fish sauce, toilet bowl cleaner, and folders with brads without leaving my couch. and for shipping these items to me in four different boxes, none properly sized for the item it contains. you've made this lazy antishopper so happy." 
"thank you, netflix, for the 15 seconds between episodes to decide if i am going to do anything with my life today. the answer is inevitably no, but nobody can say you didn't give me the option."
(page 52 - 53)
i can see myself rereading this one!